2/3/09

Motivation

This will motivate me to train hard for the next 5 months....the start line of an epic adventure. Stopped by today on my 12 hr ride. The best part is now i'm staying up all night for a little sleep deprivation. Will be back on the bike at 6am, ride, then catch a plane and go home. Long way to go yet, but i feel like i'm inching closer in my training and preparation. I know what i need to work on and where i need to go....and knowledge is half he battle.
Finally, about 1/2 way through my ride today i wanted to quit- was tired and questioning what i'm doing and it is only February. Then i remembered a quote from a good buddy-

"enjoy yourself" my man...because the only way you are going to get through this is if you really love what your doing...even in the challenging moments. BELIEVE THAT!!!


I think that is applicable here and in every day life. I do love this...so I'll keep on.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ben, I love that you are going to blog your RAAM journey. I have enjoyed reading your entries.

I am Rachel Carlson the daughter of the late, Randy Van Zee, RAAM 2004 finisher. My husband is currently deployed to Iraq and I am looking for people to support our Walk to Iraq challenge. It is really quiet simple 5 miles of biking equals 1 mile of walking/running or 15 minutes of exercise equals 1 mile. I would love to have you on my team and to count all those hard miles you have been logging. I can count back to October and all I need is your miles/minutes biked for each month. IF you are interested please email me your miles for each month to

racheldawncarlson@hotmail.com

Thank you so much for your time and good luck, may the tail winds be with you.
Rachel