11/5/08

Gathering Info

I had the opportunity to chat with 2003 RAAM champion Allen Larsen last night - oh what a wealth of knowledge he possesses. From rookie to champion to covering the race for the media, he has seen lots, done lots, knows lots! I could still be asking him questions. Unfortunately, he had to cut his racing career short due to Shermers neck, but he is hoping to find a solution and get back on the bike. The take home message, efficiency, efficiency, efficiency! Don't diddle around, keep moving. He also reminded me to be prepared that in RAAM even the best laid plans will go by the wayside- so expect it. I'm still working on nutrition solutions, sleep and ride schedules/amounts, solutions to the heat...oh the list is long!

Well, it is a start. I hope to keep running ideas by him as I progress down this road. The more info i can gather the better off i will be in my mind. Knowledge is power!

"If your bike isn't moving, your loosing time as someones else's bike is. The east coast never gets closer when you are stopped." -larsen


1 comment:

UltraRob said...

Allen is so good with sharing info. I talked to him a while when I was preparing for RAAM. He is right. You have to keep moving whether or not you feel like it.