11/19/08

The Plan

Well, with this huge of a race, all the prep and training, a sound plan is in order. I'm in the final stages of assembling an amazing crew, vehicles are coming together and other support is coming in. I've decided to drive a van round trip from St. Paul so i don't have to ship all my bikes, racks, light bars etc. As luck would have it, my parents agreed to drive the van out, help at the start and then fly back...watch my 2 year old twins for a week, only to fly out to the finish and repeat van driving duty...totally amazing!
Lots to figure out, but I'm heading to San Diego in a few days and hope to ride the first few hundred miles of the race - for confidence more than anything. Time Station I to Lake Henshaw has over 6,000 feet of climbing in just over 50 miles!
Perhaps the greatest puzzle to figure out is the training plan - should be easy right, after all it is what i do for a living?? Not so much. I've got a base plan done that started last summer after Fireweed, but have since made 4 or 5 modifications as things change. Luckily i have a good friend and amazing athlete for a neighbor, Chad Giese so having someone to bounce ideas off is easy. So, here it is in its simple overview form.
The Plan

No comments: