12/9/08

Day 5 - Mission Complete

While my stay here in San Diego has been awesome, time has come to return to "normal life"...yea, whatever that is??? I had 4 hours this a.m. before i had to catch my plane, so i planned on some neuromuscular stuff and then a short ride to round out the time. My legs actually felt much better today, maybe they are getting used to this routine. I headed down to Fiesta Island (little island just off of San Diego by Sea World with lots of beach and a huge dog park amongst other things) as it is flat and perfect for 1-leg pedal drill. I completed an hour of 1 leg pedaling and my hip flexors were ready to kill me- dun! I never did catch-up to Arnie Baker's ride, hopefully next time, but they do have a TT down here every month - sounds pretty cool, maybe next time too. Well, it has been fun, very educational and exhausting, just what i needed. Using this experience, I've already got my training planned out for my next trip out here in late January...anyone for a little training trip? 70 and sunny has been nice, but i'm excited about getting back to some nice white stuff and long skis at Battle Creek. (ski pic - skinnyski.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You not only caught up to AB, you passed him pedaling with one leg.

Do you remember that you passed a rider who said: "Hi, Ben. How are you doing."

Did you consider slowing down, for just a minute, when you were doing those ILTs at about 8:00 AM, to inquire how someone on the Island, far from your own home, knew your name?

benpopp said...

Oh, bummer - when i passed that rider (you evidently),i thought you said, "how are you man?"...What a moron - totally my bad as i'm usually the one stopping to chat with everyone...guess 5 days has shot me - sorry, I'd love to have chatted. I'll send you an email with ?'s on how we can proceed and costs.